Drink coasters are an excellent marketing tool for businesses of all sizes. They are essentially mini billboards that can be placed in bars, restaurants, and cafes, where people gather to socialise and relax. Here are some of the benefits of using drink coasters to promote your brand:
- Cost-effective: Compared to other forms of advertising, drink coasters are relatively inexpensive. They can be produced in large quantities for a low cost, making them an affordable option for businesses with a tight budget.
Drink coasters are not only cost-effective, but they also provide a number of other benefits for businesses looking to promote their brand and reach out to potential customers. Here are some of the advantages of using drink coasters for advertising:
- High visibility: Drink coasters are placed directly in front of customers, making them highly visible. This means that your brand message will be seen every time someone takes a drink. This high visibility makes coasters an effective way to increase brand awareness and recognition.
- Targeted marketing: Drink coasters can be used to target specific demographics or locations. For example, you can distribute coasters in bars or restaurants that cater to a particular age group or interest. This targeted marketing can help you reach your ideal customers more effectively.
- Versatility: Drink coasters can be used in a variety of settings, from bars and restaurants to trade shows and events. This versatility makes them a flexible advertising option that can be tailored to suit your specific needs.
- Customisability: Drink coasters can be customised with your brand message, logo, or design. This means that you can create a unique marketing message that reflects your brand identity and values. Customisation also helps to increase brand recognition and recall.
- Eco-friendliness: Many drink coasters are made from recycled materials, making them an eco-friendly advertising option. This can help to enhance your brand image and reputation among environmentally conscious customers.
In summary, drink coasters are a cost-effective, versatile, and highly visible advertising option that can help businesses to increase brand awareness and reach their ideal customers. With their customisability and eco-friendliness, they are an effective way to promote your brand while also demonstrating your commitment to sustainability.
Drink coasters for all budgets and styles
Drink coasters are an essential item for any home, bar, or restaurant. Not only do they protect surfaces from unsightly water rings, but they also add a touch of style and personality to any space. Whether you’re looking for something simple and functional or a more decorative option, there are drink coasters available to suit any budget and style.
Here are some options to consider:
- Disposable coasters: If you’re hosting a party or event and need a large number of coasters, disposable options are a great choice. They’re affordable, easy to use, and can be thrown away after use. You can find disposable coasters made from paper, cardboard, or even recycled materials.
- Cork coasters: Cork is a popular material for drink coasters because it’s eco-friendly, durable, and has natural water-resistant properties. Cork coasters are available in a range of styles and designs, from plain and simple to intricate and decorative.
- Ceramic or stone coasters: Ceramic and stone coasters are sturdy and long-lasting, making them a great investment for your home or business. They come in a variety of colours, patterns, and textures, so you can find a set that complements your decor. They may be a bit more expensive than other options, but their durability makes them worth the investment.
- Metal coasters: Metal coasters are a great addition to any home décor, as they not only add an element of style but also serve a very practical purpose. They can be branded with a print or Laser engraved and can definitely add a stylish and eye catching way of getting brand recognition in your bar or office.
- High visibility: Drink coasters are placed in areas where people spend time socialising and relaxing. This means that they are highly visible and can be seen by a large number of people.
Drink coasters are not just functional items that protect surfaces from stains and spills. They are also a powerful marketing tool that can help businesses increase brand awareness and reach a wider audience. Here are some reasons why drink coasters are highly visible:
- Social settings: Drink coasters are commonly found in bars, restaurants, and cafes, where people gather to socialise and have fun. These settings offer a great opportunity for businesses to showcase their brand and message to a captive audience.
- Eye-catching designs: To grab people’s attention, drink coasters often feature creative and colourful designs that stand out from the crowd. This can help businesses differentiate themselves from competitors and leave a lasting impression on customers.
- Strategic placement: Drink coasters are typically placed in high-traffic areas, such as tables, counters, and bar tops, where they are easily accessible and visible to customers. This ensures that businesses can maximise their exposure and get their message in front of as many people as possible.
- Multi-use: Drink coasters can serve a dual purpose of being both functional and promotional. Customers may take them home or reuse them, extending the reach of the brand beyond the initial point of interaction.
- Brand name imprinting with drink coasters: Brand name imprinting is a powerful marketing tool that can help businesses increase brand visibility and recognition. One effective way to do this is by imprinting the brand name or logo on drink coasters. Here are some benefits of using this method:
- Cost-effective: Drink coasters are relatively inexpensive to produce, and imprinting them with a brand name or logo can be done at a low cost. This makes them a cost-effective marketing tool, especially for small businesses with limited budgets.
- Increased brand visibility: Drink coasters are used in many settings, including restaurants, bars, offices and homes. When a coaster is imprinted with a brand name or logo, it increases the visibility of the brand to everyone who uses it.
- Enhances brand recognition: Imprinting a brand name or logo on drink coasters can help to enhance brand recognition. When people see the same logo or name repeatedly, it becomes easier for them to recognise and remember the brand.
Overall, imprinting a brand name or logo on drink coasters is an effective way to increase brand visibility and recognition. It is a cost-effective marketing tool that can be customised to suit the needs of the business and can be used in a variety of settings.
Top 6 Reasons why you should consider using drink coasters for your brand
- Versatile: Drink coasters can be used in a variety of settings, such as bars, restaurants, offices, hotels, and even in people’s homes. This makes them a versatile and adaptable marketing tool that can reach a wide audience.
- Customisable: Drink coasters can be customised with your brand logo, message, and design. This allows you to create a unique and memorable marketing piece that stands out from the competition.
- Targeted: Drink coasters can be strategically placed in locations where your target audience is likely to be. For example, if you are promoting a new beer, you could place your coasters in a local craft beer bar.
- Cost-effective: Drink coasters are an affordable marketing tool that can be ordered in bulk for even greater cost savings. They are also lightweight and easy to transport, making them a great choice for trade shows and events.
- Eco-friendly: Many drink coasters are made from environmentally friendly materials, such as recycled paper or cork. This can help to enhance your brand’s reputation as a socially responsible and eco-conscious company.
- Eco-friendly: Many drink coasters are made from eco-friendly materials, such as recycled paper or bamboo. This makes them a sustainable marketing option for businesses that are committed to reducing their environmental impact.
In conclusion, drink coasters are an effective and affordable way to promote your brand. By placing them in strategic locations, you can reach a large number of potential customers and increase your brand awareness. So why not consider adding drink coasters to your marketing strategy today?
What are my options for branding drink coasters?
There are several options available for branding drink coasters. Here are some of the most popular ones:
- Custom printing: This is a popular option for those who want to add their own unique design or logo to the coasters. Custom printing allows for full-colour designs to be printed directly onto the coaster surface.
- Engraving: Engraving is a more permanent option for branding coasters. This involves carving the design or logo into the coaster material, creating a permanent and durable branding solution.
- Embossing: Embossing involves creating a raised design or logo on the coaster surface. This can add a subtle and elegant branding touch to the coasters.
- Foil stamping: Foil stamping involves applying a metallic foil to the coaster surface, creating a shiny and eye-catching branding effect.
- Die-cutting: Die-cutting allows for unique shapes and designs to be cut out of the coaster material. This is a great option for those who want to create a memorable and distinctive branding solution.
- Sublimation printing: Sublimation printing is generally full colour edge to edge print for certain types of drink coasters such as neoprene 3mm or 5mm rubber based square and round coasters.
Overall, the choice of branding method will depend on your specific needs and preferences. Consider factors such as cost, durability, and aesthetic appeal when selecting a branding option for your drink coasters.
How to choose the right branding method for the right coaster
When it comes to choosing the right branding method for coasters, there are a few key factors to consider. Here are some tips to help you make the best decision for your needs:
- Material: The material of the coaster will play a big role in determining the best branding method. For example, paper or cardboard coasters may be better suited for printing, while metal or leather options may be better for engraving.
- Quantity: The number of coasters you need will also impact your choice of branding method. If you only need a small number of coasters, pad printing or stamping may be the most cost-effective option. However, if you need a large quantity, a method like pad printing or laser engraving may be a better choice.
- Design: The design of your coaster will also play a role in determining the best branding method. If your design includes multiple colours or intricate details, a method like digital printing or sublimation may be the best choice. On the other hand, if your design is simple and clean, stamping or engraving may be a better fit.
- Purpose: Finally, consider the purpose of your coasters. If you’re using them as promotional items at an event, you may want to choose a method that allows you to include your logo or branding prominently. If you’re creating coasters to sell in a retail setting, you may want to focus on creating a visually appealing design that stands out on its own.
By considering these factors, you can choose the right branding method for your coasters to ensure they make the best impression possible.
What types of materials are drink coasters made from:
Well where do you start, Off the top of my head i can think of Cardboard, Plastic, PVC, Slate, Glass, PU leather, Ceramic, Leather, Beer board, Felt, Timber, Bamboo and Cork.
10 facts you didn’t know about drink coasters
- Did you know that drink coasters have been around for over 140 years?
- Coasters were first used in Germany in the 1880s to protect beer steins from insects and debris.
- The first coasters were made of felt, but over time, materials like cork, wood, and even stone were used.
- In the 20th century, coasters became popular souvenirs and were often printed with images of tourist attractions or famous landmarks.
- Coasters have been featured in popular culture, including in the opening credits of the TV show “Cheers.”
- Some people collect coasters as a hobby, with rare or vintage coasters fetching high prices.
- In Japan, coasters are often used as a form of advertising, with companies printing their logos or product images on them.
- Coasters have also been used for practical jokes, with clever designs that appear to spill or warp when a drink is placed on them.
- The largest coaster in the world was created in 2014 and measured over 13 feet in diameter.
- Finally, did you know that there is actually a National Coaster Day? It is celebrated every year on August 16th.